With so few ingredients, you will marvel over how easily this dish delights your guests.
Tender strips of yellow parsnips are coated in a slightly sweet honey sauce. Recipes like this with few ingredients are great to have on hand.
— Linda Bussing, Lake Stevens, Washington
You Will Need
2 pounds parsnips, trimmed
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Minced fresh parsley
What to Do
1. With a vegetable peeler, peel parsnips.
2. In a Dutch oven, cook parsnips in a small amount of salted boiling water for
25 minutes or until tender; drain. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
3. Cut parsnips into slices or julienned strips.
4. In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in honey and nutmeg.
5. Add parsnips and stir to coat.
6. Cook until lightly browned and sprinkle with parsley.