45 Chemistry Pick Up Lines Guaranteed to Get a Reaction
Chemistry nerds, it's your time to shine. These pick up lines will help you break the frozen H2O.
The scenario: You’re trying to impress your latest Tinder match, chemistry class crush, or your significant other who appreciates science as much as you do. You’ve already memorized all of these Tinder pick-up lines, flirty knock-knock jokes, and cheesy pick up lines, and you really want to tout some of your chemistry knowledge that you’ve picked up over the years (who said all those chemistry courses went to waste?!). So, you clicked on this story to give yourself some reaction-worthy pick-up line ideas (get it? Reaction-worthy?) that anyone would appreciate.
Well, we have good news: You’re in the right place, and we have a plethora of chemistry pick-up lines for you to add to your list. From the periodic table and chemical reactions to chemistry memes and atomic and molecular chemistry pick-up lines, these are pretty much guaranteed to get a chuckle out of your match, crush, or significant other—even if they’re not chemistry nerds. (And if you don’t work in the science field, here’s the excuse you’ve been looking for to finally put all of that chemistry knowledge to good use. Thank us later.)
Periodic table pick-up lines
Are you made of uranium and iodine? Because all I can see is U and I together.
You’re made of oxygen and neon, right? Because you’re definitely the ONe.
Are you made of copper? Because I can Cu in a relationship with me.
You must be a compound of barium and beryllium because you’re a total BaBe.
Are you made of Fluorine, Iodine, and Neon? Because you’re F-I-Ne.
You must be made of beryllium, gold, and titanium because you’re BeAuTi-ful.
I wish I was adenine so I could get paired with U.
Scientists recently discovered a rare new element called Beautium and it looks like you’re made out of it.
If you were an element you’d be Francium because you’re the most attractive.
My favorite element is uranium because I love U.
Are you made of Carbon? Because it feels like my world revolves around you
My heart is made of Gallium. It melts when you’re close to me.
rd.com, Getty Images
Chemical reaction pick-up lines
Are you the acid to my litmus paper? Because every time I meet you I turn bright red.
I must be magnesium and you must be oxygen because I light up when I’m with you.
You’re so hot that you would make a nuclear reactor meltdown.
I undergo anaerobic respiration when you’re near because you take my breath away.
You’re hotter than sulfuric acid and sugar and you smell twice as sweet.
You must have an extraordinary heat capacity because you are hot!
I’m just hypothesizing, but I think that the reaction between you and me would be quite exothermic. Care to plot some data points?
Is it cool if I stick to you like glue-cose?
Hey, want to swap oxidation numbers?
We must be galvanic cells because there’s definitely electricity between us.
Atomic and molecular pick-up lines
23. Hey, want to get together sometime since we both have unpaired electrons?
24. Excuse me, have you lost an electron? Because you are positively attractive!
25. Hey, I’ve got my ion you!
26. You’re a pretty perfect arrangement of atoms.
27. I’m so strongly attracted to you that scientists will have to discover a fifth fundamental force.
28. Are you a triple bond? Because you look like alkynes of fun.
We must have an ionic bond because it’s difficult to break.
Could you tell me the oxidation state of this atom and your phone number?
Are you an anion? Because I’m positive we’re meant to be together.
I might be a chemistry major, but I’d never Bohr you.
My favorite attractive force is van der Waal’s. Can you feel it? I’ll move closer if you can’t.
I wish your name was Avogadro because then I would already know your number.
rd.com, Getty Images
Miscellaneous chemistry pick-up lines
35. You’re the Higgs boson particle of my life… because without you, my universe wouldn’t “matter.”
36. According to the Second Law of Thermodynamics, you’re supposed to share your hotness with me.
37. Are you a non-volatile particle? Because you raise my boiling point.
38. So, what’s your quantum number?
39. Your PH must be 14 because you’re the most basic need in my life right now.
40. RNA is my favorite nucleic acid because it has U in it.
41. You’re hotter than a Bunsen burner turned up all the way.
42. Quick! Get in the safety shower, because you’re on fire!
43. So, your lab or my lab?
44. Even the Kelvin scale couldn’t measure how hot you are.
45. My heart burns like a mole of suns for you.