This Is the Most Expensive Airport for Parking in the U.S.
When it comes to parking at the airport, your options are pretty much the same across the country. But the cost of parking varies wildly.
If you have the luxury of a relative who just loves trips to the airport, then this isn’t your issue. But for most people, fretting over airport parking prices is just another stressful element of air travel. But the cost for airport parking isn’t a country-wide constant, and some regions have it much harder than others.
Travelbank recently dug into the numbers behind paying for a temporary home for your car, ranking the most and least expensive airports for parking in the U.S. When considering the car park cost hierarchy, two primary factors were taken into account: the daily rate for Short-Term/Terminal Side parking and the cost for Long-Term/Economy parking.
These are the top five most expensive U.S. airports for parking:
- New York LaGuardia (LGA) – $59*/$39**
- Boston Logan International (BOS) $70*/$26
- Seattle Tacoma International (IAH) $37*/$30**
- San Francisco International (SFO) $36*/$25**
- New York John F. Kennedy International (JFK) $39*/$18**
- Newark Liberty International (EWR) $39*/$18**
* Short-term/Terminal Side ** Long-term/Economy
The New York Metropolitan area was well-represented in the pricey parking department, taking three of four top spots. Interestingly enough, the airport with the most expensive parking, LGA, also has the title of the worst airport in America. (Thankfully, they’re getting an $8 billion upgrade!)
Now, to the more cost-effective options. These are the top five cheapest airports for parking:
- Orlando International (MCO) – $17*/$10**
- Charlotte Douglas International (CLT) – $20*/$7**
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) – $22*/$6**
- Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) – $22*/$8
- Tampa International (TPA) – $22*/$10**
- Denver International (DEN) – $24*/$8**
- Honolulu Daniel K. Inouye International (HNL) – $18*/$15**
Now that we covered airport parking in America, find out which airport has the most expensive parking in the world. (Hint: It’s not in the United States!)