Facts for Freezing Soup
Soups are great to make when you have time, then freeze for fast future meals. Here are some hints for freezing
Soups are great to make when you have time, then freeze for fast future meals. Here are some hints for freezing:
1. To cool soup quickly before freezing,
- place the kettle in a sink filled with ice water. When cool, transfer to airtight freezer-safe containers, leaving 1/4-in. headspace for expansion.
2.Most soups freeze nicely.
- The exceptions are soups made with cream and potatoes. Those are better when eaten fresh.
3. Pasta in soup can get mushy in the freezer. It’s best to add the pasta when ready to eat, not before freezing.
4. To help retain their fantastic flavor, don’t freeze soups for longer than 3 months.
5. Thaw soup completely in the refrigerator and reheat in a saucepan.
[sale-item img=”http://media.rd.com/rd/images/rdc/products/toh-celebrations-cookbook-pd.jpg” title=”Taste of Home Celebrations Cookbook 2005″ price=”17.95″ link=”http://www.readersdigeststore.com/Celebrations-Cookbook/M/0898214475.htm?trkid=rdv_store”]