Fun Visit: Tiffin Glass Museum in Ohio
25 S. Washington St., Tiffin, Ohio Displaying nearly 100 years of glassware and memorabilia, this museum preserves both the work
25 S. Washington St., Tiffin, Ohio
Displaying nearly 100 years of glassware and memorabilia, this museum preserves both the work and the legacy created by the artisans of Tiffin’s “Glass House.”
The factory opened in 1889 as the A. J. Beatty & Son’s Company, and it underwent a number of changes in leadership and production before it closed in 1984. The museum documents the company’s many phases in a chronological display that comprises over 2,000 individual pieces. The exhibit shows the changing styles, techniques, and colors of glassware over the course of a century, illustrating the changing demands of buyers. Memorabilia and historical documents also make up a part of the collection.
The museum was established in 1998 due to the efforts of the Tiffin Glass Collectors Club. Members of the club also loaned many pieces to the museum for its comprehensive displays.
Open Tues.–Sat. Donations encouraged.