Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
From our friends at McCormick®: Delight guests with this luscious lemon glazed poppy seed cake. Perfect for Easter entertaining or teatime.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hrs
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake:
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Poppy Seed
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix flour and baking soda. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in 1/2 of the flour mixture in low speed. Beat in sour cream, then remaining flour mixture. Stir in poppy seed and extracts. Spoon into greased 12-cup Bundt pan.
3. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack. Cool completely.
4. For the Lemon Glaze, mix confectioner’ sugar, water and lemon extract in small bowl until smooth. If necessary, stir in 1 to 3 additional teaspoons water until glaze is of desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake. Let stand until glaze is set.