Grilled Apple Crisp
Who says you can't make dessert on the grill, too? This sweet recipe will shut the naysayers right up.
- 10 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 8 medium)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
How to make it:
- Place the apple slices on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 24 inches x 12 inches). In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Fold foil around apple mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Serves 6.
Originally Published: May 22, 2007
Originally Published in Reader's Digest