Grilled Potato Skins
Who doesn't love crispy loaded potato skins? You're going to want to make these right now.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Sour cream
How to make it:
Time: 30 minutes
- Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges. Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/4 inch on the potato skins. Place skins on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Combine the butter, rosemary, salt and pepper; brush over both sides of potato skins.
- Grill potatoes, skin side up, uncovered, over direct medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn potatoes and position over indirect heat; grill 2 minutes longer. Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with bacon and onions. Serve with sour cream.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.