Statue of Liberty
Here is a patriotic costume that should make any trick-or-treater proud—and look very pretty as well. You Will Need 1
Here is a patriotic costume that should make any trick-or-treater proud—and look very pretty as well.
You Will Need
- 1 arge adult pale blue-green T-shirt
- 2 yards matching T-shirt material
- 1 yard thin blue-green ribbon
- 1 blue-green headband
- 2 sheets (12 x 18 inches)
- blue-green foam
- Stick-on felt letters
- 1 flashlight
- 1 small cereal box
- Yellow tissue paper
- Safety pins
- 1 rectangular punch
What to Do
1. Stretch neck of T-shirt and use thin ribbon to tie right sleeve to neck. Attach material to seam of left shoulder at neck and then drape it under right sleeve and over left shoulder. Attach with a safety pin that you cover with a small piece of foam sheet. Tie end of material with thin ribbon to make a graceful drape.
2. Cut seven spires out of foam sheet for top of hat, using photograph at upper right as a guide. Cover headband first with a punched foam strip, glue down, then glue on the seven spires and a second layer of punched foam strip.
3. Cover box with foam sheeting and stick on letters reading “July IV, MDCCLXXVII,” as shown in photograph bottom right. To make the torch (photograph bottom left), wrap flashlight in sheet foam with an extra ring at the bottom and a punched strip at top. Stuff top of cover with yellow tissue paper to emulate a flame. The beam of the flashlight will shine through.