Hilarious: Client Feedback on the Creation of the Earth
Are the winged birds final or placeholder?
Thanks so much for the latest round of work. Really coming together. Few points of feedback:
1. Love the whole light thing but not totally sure about the naming system. Day and night are OK, but we feel like there’s more we can do here. Thoughts? Definitely need to nail this down ASAP.
2. Re: the “sky.” Not feeling the color here. Would like something that pops more. Please send additional options.
3. Appreciate the work on the sea and land, but right now there’s way too much sea. The land is getting lost in it. In general, sea does not resonate well with our users. Was talking with the team, and the idea of having no sea at all came up. Thoughts?
4. Noticed you’ve covered the ground in vegetation bearing seeds according to its kind and trees bearing fruit according to their kind. Is this intentional? Please advise.
5. Right now, we’re seeing only two great lights in the sky—a greater one for day and a lesser one for night. Thinking that maybe we weren’t clear in the original briefing. Definitely need more than just two great lights. Need to make this a memorable, high-value experience for our users. Please revisit slides 13 and 14 in the deck. Shout with questions.
6. Seas teeming with life is fine, but again, we need to reduce the sea. This is a deal breaker for us.
7. Are the winged birds final or placeholder? Some kind of weird stuff going on with those. Just want to get clarification before giving more feedback.
8. Can we get more livestock and wild animals that move along the ground according to their kinds? Again, the passion points for our target users (slide 18) are land and animals. Whatever we can do to increase the amount of land will go a long way toward converting our users from passive consumers into brand evangelists.
9. Re: “mankind.” Interesting take on the brief here. Big pain point is that mankind is coming across as largely made in your image. As you hopefully recall from the deck, our users are a diverse group (slide 27), and we definitely want to make them feel represented (slide 28). Afraid that if our users see fleshy bipedal mammals positioned as “ruling over” the land and sea (if we’re having sea), they might feel alienated and, again, less willing to convert into brand evangelists. Let’s fast-track an alt version with mankind removed. Doable?
10. Please cut all the “be fruitful and multiply” stuff. We’re a family brand, and this doesn’t fit with our voice (slide 34).
Realize it’s Saturday, and you were planning to be OOO tomorrow to admire your creation and everything, but I’m hoping you can keep rolling on this through the weekend. Need to get this in front of my exec team by EOD Monday. Will be around all weekend via e-mail and chat if anything comes up. Looking to you and your team for a big win here.
Mike Lacher is a humorist and former creative director at BuzzFeed.