Homemade Beauty: Lavender Antiseptic Lotion
Lavender is a valuable herb for treating skin problems as it inhibits infection-causing bacteria while soothing your skin, helping to prevent scarring.
You Will Need
- 1 cup fresh lavender flowers
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- pinch of salt
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops tea tree essential oil
What to Do
1. Put lavender flowers in a bowl and pour over 250 ml (1 cup) boiling water. Cover and steep for 1 hour. Strain and measure out 1/4 cup.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix well and store in a small, dark glass bottle.
3. To use, apply to skin with a cotton ball.