How to Keep Your Hairstyle Looking Fresh
Prolong a Blow Dry Jim Clinton a “Today Show” stylist, who also works at the Vartali salon in New York
Prolong a Blow Dry
Jim Clinton a “Today Show” stylist, who also works at the Vartali salon in New York City share his favorite secrets for making a blow dry last:
1. Sleep with a scrunchies. Pull your hair up like Pebbles of Flintstones fame. In the morning just pull off and fluff.
2. Use a satin pillowcase to prevent ridges in your hair.
3. When showering try to cover your hairline. Jim recommends using a towel underneath your shower cap.
4. After showering, hit the roots with your blow dryer.
Make Your Hair Color Last
Try these tips from Louis Licari , stylist to the stars:
1. Use only shampoos and conditioners for color-treated hair. Regular shampoo will strip the color.
2. Use a color mascara or color stick to cover roots in a pinch. If you don’t have a color mascara use your regular mascara to hide the grey.
3. Don’t wash your hair for 2 days after your color treatment. The dye needs to set.
Save Your Shampoo
If you work out a lot of have oily hair and don’t want to wash it, Oscar Blandi of Madison Avenue offers his advice:
1. Use one of the new dry shampoos out on the market. Spray at the roots and brush through.
2. If you don’t have that type of shampoo on hand, you can use baby powder as long as you thoroughly brush the white powder into your hair.
Curly Sue Tips
Andre Smith of Hair It Iz salon in Ossining NY has some tricks many African American women use.
1. Sleep with a hair net to keep the curls in place.
2. Spray the curls and in the morning remove net and the curls will drop in place.
3. Use a satin pillowcase.