Lemon Cheesecake Bars Recipe
From our friends at McCormick®: No springform pan needed for this cheesecake recipe – just use your 13x9-inch pan. For a special garnish, top cheesecake with Berry Topping (see directions).
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Makes 24 servings
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter and ginger. Press firmly onto bottom of foil-lined 13×9-inch baking pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add milk, flour and extracts; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
3. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely on wire rack.
4. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Lift out of pan onto cutting board. Cut into bars. Garnish as desired. Store leftover bars in refrigerator.
Berry Topping: Garnish top of cheesecake with 4 cups assorted berries, such as blackberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries and raspberries. Brush berries with 3 tablespoons currant or apple jelly, melted and cooled slightly.
Flavor Variations: Use 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Orange Extract or 2 teaspoons McCormick® Raspberry Extract in place of the Lemon Extract. Prepare as directed, omitting the milk and Lemon Extract.
Lime Cheesecake Bars: Add 1/3 cup fresh lime juice and 1 teaspoon grated lime peel (optional) with the flour and vanilla.