Make Your Own Cat Treats: Catnip Crackers
Why pay more for commercial catnip treats when you can make your own?
Cats will go bonkers for these catnip crackers, so save them for rainy days and special occasions. You can pay a lot more for commercial cat treats, but they won’t measure up to these fresh, homemade ones.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons dried catnip (available at pet shops and in pet aisle at most supermarkets)
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
How to make it
Time: Under 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, mix flours and catnip together. Stir in yogurt, egg, honey, and vegetable oil.[/step-item]
- Press out dough on a floured surface and cut into tiny treats using a cookie cutter or pizza wheel. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for a week or in the freezer for up to three months.