Here’s a fresh and fruity way to prepare guacamole, everyone’s favorite dip!
[ingredients-list title=”Ingredients” serving_size=””]
- 3 medium-large (about 1 1/4 lbs.) ripe avocados, pitted and flesh scooped out
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped into 1/4-in. pieces
- 1/2 to 1 fresh serrano chile, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh cilantro, loosely packed, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and flesh diced into 1/4-in. pieces
[step-list-wrapper title=”How to make it” time=””]
[step-item number=”1″ image_url=”” title=”” ]In large bowl, coarsely mash avocado with large fork or potato masher. Place onion in small strainer and rinse under cold water. Shake off excess water and mix into avocado along with chile, cilantro, lime juice, and 2/3 diced mango. Taste and season with salt, about 3/4 tsp. If not using immediately, cover with plastic wrap pressed directly onto surface of guacamole and refrigerate. [/step-item]
[step-item number=”2″ image_url=”” title=”” ]When ready to serve (best eaten within a couple of hours of making), transfer guacamole to serving bowl. Garnish with remaining diced mango and cilantro leaves if desired. Serve with tortilla chips or slices of cucumber or jicama. Makes about 3 cups.[/step-item][/step-list-wrapper]
FIESTA AT RICK’S: FABULOUS FOOD FOR GREAT TIMES WITH FRIENDS, COPYRIGHT © 2010 BY RICK BAYLESS AND DEANN GROEN BAYLESS, IS PUBLISHED AT $35 BY W.W. NORTON & COMPANY, INC., 500 FIFTH AVENUE, NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10110.