Orange-Ginger Pork Chops
Basting chops with this tangy orange-ginger sauce makes them extremely tender and savory.
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
How to make it:
- In a saucepan, cook ginger and garlic in oil for 1 minute; remove from the heat.
- Stir in the sherry, honey, soy sauce, sesame seeds, orange peel, and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Pour 1/2 cup into a small bowl; set aside.
- Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Drain and discard marinade from the pork. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat 4 minutes.
- Turn; baste with sauce. Grill 15 to 20 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting occasionally. Serve with any remaining sauce.
Originally Published: May 23, 2005