Presto Pizzeria Buns Recipe
If you love making your own pizzas, try this simple recipe.
- 1 lb. package of frozen unbaked dinner rolls, covered, thawed in refrigerator overnight
- 1/3 cup grated mild Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
How to make it
- Grease baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place rolls on baking sheet in 3 rows, 4 across.
- Press each roll into a 3 1/2 inch wide circle. It’s okay if rolls are touching one another. Grease waxed paper with cooking spray. Cover rolls with waxed paper, greased-side down. Place tea towel over top.
- Let sit in oven with light on and door closed for 30 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven.
- Place oven rack in centre position. Turn oven on to 375ºF.
- Put Cheddar and Parmesan cheese into bowl. Mix well.
- Spread 1 tsp. pizza sauce on each bun, leaving 1/2 inch border. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. cheese mixture over pizza sauce.
- Bake for about 18 minutes until lightly browned. Put baking sheet on wire rack.
- Turn oven off. Let cool for 5 minutes. Makes 12 pizza buns.
- Calories: 180
- Calories from Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Sodium: 548mg
- Carbs: 18g
- Protein: 10g
- Fiber: 1g