Salmon with Citrus Salsa
Fire up the grill for this mouthwatering salmon topped with an orange and grapefruit salsa.
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Nonstick cooking spray
Ingredients, Citrus Salsa:
- 3/4 cup pink grapefruit segments, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup orange segments, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
How to make it:
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting grill.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on grill.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with the citrus salsa. Serves 4.
Originally Published: May 26, 2005