Smashed Beans and Mozzarella served on Toasted Baguettes
Smashed lima beans are mixed with Parmesan, lemon juice and basil. The bean mixture is then spread on toasted baguette
Smashed lima beans are mixed with Parmesan, lemon juice and basil. The bean mixture is then spread on toasted baguette slices and topped with some fresh mozzarella cheese and olive oil. Miam-miam!
You Will Need
One 10 ounce package frozen lima beans, cooked according to package directions
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons olive oil
Baguette slices, rubbed with olive oil and garlic and baked
Fresh buffalo mozzarella balls
Extra virgin olive oil
What to Do
1. Allow the beans to come to room temperature and season with some sea salt.
2. Place them in a large bowl and using a potato masher or a fork, mash them up. They should be chunky. Add the lemon juice, cheese and some chopped basil and mash together.
3. Stir in the 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Taste and season.
4. Spread the baguettes with some of the mashed bean mixture. Cut or tear the mozzarella balls and place on top of the beans.
5. Arrange on a plate, drizzle with olive oil and serve.