White Asparagus with Truffle Vinaigrette
Delicious and decadent asparagus and truffle vinaigrette recipe.
[quicklook-recipe prep_time=”20 min” cook_time=”10 min” ]
Go luxe with tender asparagus topped with rich, earthy truffles.
[ingredients-list title=”Ingredients” ]
- 1 1/2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 bottled black truffle (approximately 15g and 1 inch in diameter), finely minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 4 1/2 tbsp hazelnut or walnut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp chicken broth or truffle liquid from bottle
- 1 1/2 lb white asparagus, peeled and trimmed
- Fresh chervil sprigs or chopped fresh chives for garnish
[step-list-wrapper title=”How to make it ” time=”30 minutes”]
[step-item number=”1″ image_url=”” title=”” ]Whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, minced truffle, and salt. Add fresh ground pepper to taste. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking. Whisk in broth and season with more salt and pepper if necessary.[/step-item]
[step-item number=”2″ image_url=”” title=”” ]Arrange asparagus on a steamer rack, sprinkle with salt and steam, covered, over boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes. Using tongs, carefully transfer asparagus to a paper towel and pat dry. Arrange asparagus spears on plates and dress with vinaigrette. Serve warm.[/step-item]