It’s been a week since the fifth season finale of “Mad Men” and my mind is still reeling. How could he…? Why did they…? And then that happened…?! (Don’t worry: No spoiler alerts here.) I did, however, stumble upon Buzz Feed’s list of 25 things you didn’t know about the popular show and found myself almost coughing on my coffee at a few of them. So here it goes: Five interesting Mad Men factoids…
1. “Mad Men” was originally pitched to HBO and they rejected it. #bigmistake
2. Seven out of nine writers on the show are female; proof that working women have come a long way since the 1960’s.
3. The $19K that Peggy left the company for turns out to be equivalent to $131K today. It’s all making sense now.
4. Originally, Christina Hendricks auditioned for the role of Midge and Jon Hamm tried out for the part of Jack Donaghy (on “30 Rock,” ultimately played by Alec Baldwin). Can you image Joan Holloway or Don Draper played by anyone else?
5. Mona, Roger Sterling’s ex-wife, is John Slattery’s wife in real life. I bet they have so much fun during outtakes.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- 51 Favorite Facts You’ve Always Believed That Are Actually False
- Being Bald Actually Boosts Your Attractiveness, According to Science
- This Is the Rarest Hair and Eye Color Combination in Humans
- 16 Powerful Quotes to Remind You to Be Grateful Every Single Day
- The Inspiring Reason People Are Painting Their Pumpkins Teal This Halloween