Too Sexy for the Party
In April 2013, Omar Borkan and two other men were forcibly removed from a Saudi Arabian festival for being too handsome; police said they feared female visitors would be attracted to them. Eventually, the men were deported back to Abu Dhabi.
Too Sexy to Clean Teeth
In December 2012, Iowa’s Supreme Court ruled in favor of a dentist who fired his assistant, Melissa Nelson, for being “too attractive.” Although she had worked at the practice for ten years, the dentist and his wife decided that her good looks were a threat to their marriage.
Too Sexy to Teach
A Florida teacher was fired in May 2013 when her principal found out she had a side job modeling swimsuits and lingerie, even though Olivia Sprauer insists her photos are "glamour style photography."
Content continues below ad
Too Sexy for the Yearbook
Sydney Spies, a high school senior from Colorado submitted a provocative image to her yearbook in June 2012, only to have it deemed “too sexy” and rejected by a student committee. So Sydney Spies tried a second photo, which was also considered inappropriate. She did get noticed, however: Spies recently inked a deal with the Syfy network to star in her first movie.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- 51 Favorite Facts You’ve Always Believed That Are Actually False
- 17 Common Food Names You Probably Pronounce Wrong
- 16 Powerful Quotes to Remind You to Be Grateful Every Single Day
- The Inspiring Reason People Are Painting Their Pumpkins Teal This Halloween
- Weird Facts About 7 Punctuation Marks You See Everywhere