If artist Jacqueline Lou Skaggs’ goals were to save money and paint more often, she successfully achieved both: Her new collection features twelve images painted on found pennies—proving that you don’t need pricey canvases when you can find painting materials in between the couch cushions.
Skaggs uses oil paint to create images of butterflies, fruit bowls, landscapes and children’s portraits on the tiny copper faces. Look close enough and you can make out an embossed Abraham Lincoln peeking through the paint. These amazing, pocket-sized pictures prove that no canvas is too small or unlikely.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- 51 Favorite Facts You’ve Always Believed That Are Actually False
- Being Bald Actually Boosts Your Attractiveness, According to Science
- This Storm Chaser Captured a Perfect Shot that Will Give You Goosebumps
- This Is the Rarest Hair and Eye Color Combination in Humans
- 16 Powerful Quotes to Remind You to Be Grateful Every Single Day