Take Your Daughter to Work Day is especially cool when your dad is Stanley Kubrick. Vivian, Kubrick’s then-17-year-old daughter, wandered around the set of The Shining where she got chummy with Jack Nicholson and meandered through the iconic hedge maze. She did all of this, of course, with a camera in her hand. In her documentary (which features her commentary), Vivian shows Jack preparing for his most intense scenes and the creepy “Danny” (Danny Lloyd) playing on the set like the typical five-year-old boy he was. She also shares some interesting insider knowledge, like how the snow blanketing the hotel grounds is actually salt (assistants spent most of their days brushing their own footprints out of it to make the power look pristine). Watch it and see for yourself what it takes to scare generations of viewers!
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- 51 Favorite Facts You’ve Always Believed That Are Actually False
- 16 Powerful Quotes to Remind You to Be Grateful Every Single Day
- The Inspiring Reason People Are Painting Their Pumpkins Teal This Halloween
- Weird Facts About 7 Punctuation Marks You See Everywhere
- You’ve Probably Been Playing Monopoly Wrong Your Whole Life