The next big thing in smart phone photography could be Cinemagram, a free iPhone app (the Android version is coming soon) that allows you to easily combine photo and video to create a new kind of hybrid image.
Shoot a 2-to-3-second video of, say, kids playing in a fountain, then use the app to mark the portion of the video you want to be in motion. The rest will be frozen, and the final product, a cine (pronounced “cinnie”) looks like a photograph with animation.
Eerie, weird, creative cines have been featured on Designboom, Mashable, and more, but my favorite examples are on the Cinemagram tumblr. Don’t miss “Remix,” a cine that loops the serpentine movements of equalizers on a sound board.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- 51 Favorite Facts You’ve Always Believed That Are Actually False
- 17 Common Food Names You Probably Pronounce Wrong
- 16 Powerful Quotes to Remind You to Be Grateful Every Single Day
- The Inspiring Reason People Are Painting Their Pumpkins Teal This Halloween
- Weird Facts About 7 Punctuation Marks You See Everywhere