“Stranded at the drive-in” would be all the more dramatic if, instead of hopping into your souped-up roadster, you had to pedal your way home, alone and in tears. But make no mistake: If Sandy and Danny wore oversize glasses and ironic mustaches (respectively), they would be totally down with the Bike-In-Theater.
Last summer, creative agency Manifold threw the first ever Bike-In-Theater on an abandoned river side street in Brooklyn, New York. The free event featured crowd-chosen movies like Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and Caddyshack, with five different types of gourmet popcorn from Forking Tasty Supper to snack on. This year, there will be another Bike-In-Theater in New York; one in San Francisco; and the potential for other cities. Interested in yours being one of them? Tell them Reader’s Digest sent you; you can also head over to Kick Starter to raise money for the events.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- Ever Wonder Why the Contraction for Will Not Isn’t “Willn’t”? We Know the Reason
- If You Laugh at These Dark Jokes, You’re Probably a Genius
- 25 of the Most Famous Movie Quotes of All Time
- 23 Things Your Mail Carrier Won’t Tell You
- There’s Only One Letter That’s Not in Any U.S. State Name. Can You Guess It?