That’s a scenario nobody wants to experience, and the question posed by theburninghouse.com, a website that invites visitors to submit photos and lists of the items they’d grab if they ever found their home going up in flames.
People from all over the world provide an intimate look at what means the most to them. For some, it’s a favorite sweater, a beloved book, heirlooms, family photos and other personal possessions. For others, it’s more practical things — birth certificate, passport, driver’s license. You can contribute your own post at the blog’s submissions page. (The blog has also been turned into a book .)
So, what would you take if you had only seconds to decide? I’ve actually thought about this a lot over the years. As a child I had plans to stuff my cat in a backpack, tie my blankie around my neck and leap into the front bushes from my bedroom window. Today, my tentative list includes: my iPhone and charger, wallet, favorite sweatpants, underwear drawer, running shoes, files, and, most importantly, my Buffalo Bills apparel, mugs, glasses, blanket and pillow pet.
More About Culture
What You’re Sharing
- 51 Favorite Facts You’ve Always Believed That Are Actually False
- 16 Powerful Quotes to Remind You to Be Grateful Every Single Day
- The Inspiring Reason People Are Painting Their Pumpkins Teal This Halloween
- Weird Facts About 7 Punctuation Marks You See Everywhere
- You’ve Probably Been Playing Monopoly Wrong Your Whole Life