Meet the Trusted League, a confederation of superheroes who embody the winning characteristics of the 40 most Trusted Brands in America.
For the third year in a row, Reader’s Digest teamed up with research firm Ipsos to ask 5,000 Americans which brands they trust most across 40 categories, from auto insurance to airlines to kitchen appliances, salad dressings and much more. And America has spoken, electing the 40 brands below to the Trusted League. Scroll down or page through to see which brands Americans trust most— and the superheroes who fight for good, using their special powers endowed to them by the qualities that make the Most Trusted Brands great.
1. Tropicana: Most Trusted Juice
- Codename: Cee Cee Strong
- Powers: Cee Cee gets her super-strength by starting every day with only the freshest, pure squeezed juices. Bolstered by her vitamin-rich diet, Cee Cee has one of the strongest immune systems in the galaxy and has only called in sick to one Trusted League meeting in her entire career (and that was just an excuse to binge-watch season two of Orange Is The New Black). Some say she is totally immune to scurvy.
- Trivia: Cee Cee is one of the only members of Trusted League without an original theme song, as nobody can think of a word that rhymes with “orange.”
- Favorite part of human anatomy: The navel
2. L’OREAL: Most Trusted Hair Color
- Codename: Shade
- Powers: A master of cool, confidence, and charisma, Shade gets all the intelligence she needs by looking great for any occasion. Shade’s ability to effortlessly change her hair color and style at a moment’s notice has helped the Trusted League infiltrate many a rival agency, including the Blonde Bombshells Syndicate, and the Guild of Redheaded Stepchildren. Multi-dimensional as Shade is, her teammates agree: She always looks (and acts) like her flawless self, no matter the task at hand.
- Trivia: Shade claims to have developed her powers as a teenager, when changing her entire personality was a daily imperative.