12 Foodie Things to Do this Fall
Celebrate the best of the fall season with these fun, fresh, and delicious ideas for apple desserts, pumpkin recipes, slow cooker treats and more.
1. Cinnamon roll + pie = cinnamon roll pie crust
Steal this genius idea from Taste for Adventure—all you need are thin slices of cinnamon roll dough (store-bought or homemade).
3. Pumpkin + vanilla yogurt = pumpkin pie smoothie
Pioneer Woman’s take on pumpkin pie is cold, creamy, and might even top the original. Get the easy recipe >>
4. Cheese + Halloween cookie cutters = burgers with holiday flair
Who knew American cheese could be so spooky? Cut out cheese with a cookie cutter or knife before placing on hot burgers.
6. Lemon and thyme + vanilla = a delicious smelling home
Here’s the secret stores like Williams Sonoma use: simmer a pot of water with rosemary sprigs, lemon slices, and a dash of vanilla on the stove for a warm, inviting scent. Bonus: it’s cheap!
7. Baked sweet potatoes + marshmallows = festive everyday side dish
You don’t have to save the sweet potato-marshmallow combo for Thanksgiving—just add toppings to your regular baked sweet spud. Get the recipe >>
9. Apple rings + a deep fryer = apple “doughnuts”
Lightly battered, deep-fried apple rings? Is there anything to say except ‘yes, please!’? Here’s the recipe >>