9 Restaurants You Never Knew Had Secret Menu Items
You’ll want to order all of these delicious, and sometimes ginormous concoctions that you never knew existed!
This fast food giant may be well known for their beefed-up double- and triple-decker Whoppers, but you’ll also want to try one of these little-known, but far from little, menu items. (Warning: Wear your pants with the elastic waistband before consumption.)
- Suicide Burger: Four beef patties, four slices of cheese, two slices of bacon and Burger King’s secret “stacker” sauce. (If an employee doesn’t recognize this terminology, ask for a “quad stacker” or just tell them how to build it.)
- Burger King Club: Take the original chicken sandwich to the next level and make it a club—layers of crispy chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and cheese lie between two of BK’s signature sesame seed buns.
- Ham & Cheese: For a simpler meal that isn’t quite as gargantuan, ask the cashier for a ham and cheese on a sesame seed bun.
If you want to “Live Más” per the popular Taco Bell slogan, you’ll want to expand your taste buds’ horizons “más” by ordering one of these flavorful items.
- Chili Cheese Burrito: A burrito filled with only chili and cheese.
- The Superman: A cheesy double beef burrito loaded with fried potatoes, sour cream, guacamole, and crispy tortilla strips.
- The Incredible Hulk: A 5-layer burrito, but swap out the melted nacho cheese for a hearty helping of everyone’s favorite, guacamole. Make a request to nix the extra inner tortilla shell and sour cream too!
People love White Castle so much, there’s even a movie about two morons who embark on a crazy trip to the beloved fast food restaurant, so you better believe the restaurant has its own secret menu too! Make sure you know these 7 things about White Castle's addictive burgers.
- Chicken Parm Sliders: This secret menu item is more of a DIY creation. Get the fried chicken breast sliders with a side of mozzarella sticks then place two mozzarella sticks on each slider. Grab a little cup of marinara and nuke it in the microwave until all of the flavors have melted together.
- Surf and Turf Sliders: This yummy item takes the best of both slider worlds! Just tell the cashier you want a slider with a piece of fried fish, a beef patty, and melted cheese.
The burger connoisseurs at Five Guys have an endless array of burger patty toppings to choose from, but now there are even more items for your taste buds to savor.
- Cheese Fries: Ask for the fries with melted cheese on top! And don't miss the secret ingredient that makes Five Guys' fries so delicious!
- Patty Melt: A gooey grilled cheese made with a juicy burger patty inside. Plus, any additional toppings you’d like.
- Burger Bowl: Swap out that bun on your bacon cheeseburger for a bowl. The ingredients include two beef patties, bacon, pickles, grilled onions, green peppers, mustard, and mayo.
- The Presidential: This burger earned its claim to fame when former President Obama ordered a cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, jalapeño peppers and mustard in Washington D.C. (Some employees may not know what an order of the “Presidential” means so just ask for a regular cheeseburger with those toppings.)
The popular fast food joint has a hearty menu full of mouthwatering meals. If you thought three beef patties made your stomach explode, just wait till you see what their secret menu has to offer.
- The Grand Slam: This burger has been nicknamed the “Meat Cube” because four of Wendy’s square-shaped signature beef patties are piled on top of each other with nothing more than a slice of cheese separating each layer. In case you didn't know, here's why Wendy's burgers are made into squares.
- The Barnyard: It’s a protein-packed combo for meat lovers. It’s one layer of bacon, one layer of beef patty, one spicy chicken filet, and ham with cheese in between each layer.
It’s no surprise that America’s largest chain of drive-in restaurants, SONIC, also has a secret menu to appease your taste buds.
- Pink Flamingo: A fun and fruity drink made of Sprite mixed with orange, pineapple, and cherry flavoring.
- Purple Sprite: This purple concoction’s ingredients include Sprite, Powerade, lemonade, and cranberry juice.
- Sonic Sunrise: This tasty drink is easy! Mix cherry limeade and orange juice together.
- Extreme Tots: For a flavor explosion in your mouth, load your tater tots up chili, cheese, onion, jalapeños, and ranch dressing.
- Ring Leader Loaded Burger: This secret menu item is extremely easy to build. Just order a burger with grilled onions, bacon strips, and onion rings, and you’re all set!
You may think Chick-fil-A has dreamed up every deep fried chicken combination imaginable, but wait, there’s more!
- Free Icedream Cone: If you order off the kid’s menu, Chick-fil-A will give you an ice cream cone in lieu of a kid’s toy. But this secret perk isn’t explicitly stated on the menu, so you must ask for it.
- Buffalo Chicken sandwich: It’s simple, just ask the staff to pour buffalo sauce on your fried chicken.
- Fried Chicken Club Sandwich: Switch out the grilled chicken for a piece of savory fried chicken.
- Spicy Char: Ask for a spicy chicken patty instead of a charbroiled chicken patty to make on your sandwich.
- Blueberry Cheesecake Milkshake: A slice of blueberry cheesecake with a vanilla milkshake. This decadent milkshake is offered at select locations, but due to this technicality, it’s still considered a secret menu item. If you don’t see it at your local Chick-fil-A, it doesn’t hurt to try snagging one
- Chicken Quesadilla: This is a well-known secret menu item that’s been circulating for a long time now, but a Chick-fil-A spokesperson could not confirm that this was an actual item you could get. But Chick-fil-A did tell USA TODAY that cooks “may occasionally experiment with recipes in the kitchen.” It’s worth a try! Here are the nutritionist-approved foods that are totally OK to order at Chick-fil-A.
It’s good taste like Colonel Sanders’ that kept his restaurant chain in business for more than 80 years! After you’ve tried some of these secret menu items, you may just be exclaiming, “Finger lickin’ good!”
Hot pocket bowl: A hot pocket of dough covered in fried chicken pieces, melted cheese, hot gravy, and corn.
Poutine: Think of a heaping pile of fries topped with fresh cheese curds and smothered in gravy. This delicacy is only sold in Canadian KFC locations, but some KFC locations in the United States will let you order it, if they have the ingredients on hand.
Triple Down: This sandwich sans the bread is made of nothing but three pieces of boneless white chicken fillets stacked together with bacon and cheddar cheese nestled between each crispy layer.
Arby’s signature sandwich list just got a whole lot longer with these secret scrumptious options.
- Meat Mountain: Imagine a sandwich stacked with every single type of Arby’s meat (brisket, Angus steak, corned beef, roast beef, ham, bacon, turkey, and chicken) and you’ve got yourself a meat mountain! And don’t forget to add the swiss and cheddar cheese.
- Bacon Beef ‘N Cheddar: Order the Arby’s signature Beef ‘N Cheddar sandwich made with thin slices of roast beef and cheddar cheese sauce, but add an extra serving of bacon.