Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels or walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 cups whole kernel corn
- 4 medium sweet red, yellow or green peppers
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
How to make it:
- For pesto, combine 1/2 cup of oil, grated Parmesan cheese, basil, sunflower kernels and garlic in a blender or food processor; cover and process until blended.
- In a skillet, sauté red pepper in remaining oil until tender. Add corn and pesto; heat through.
- Halve peppers lengthwise; remove seeds. Place, cut side down, on grill over medium heat; cover and cook for 8 minutes. Turn; fill with corn mixture.
- Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until tender.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.