- 2 bone-in whole chicken breasts, halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 3 cups packed arugula
- 1 1/2 tsp. coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- About 1/2 cup Whole Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 oz. Pecorino cheese
How to make it:
- Prepare grill and let burn down to medium-hot coals. Brush chicken breasts on both sides with olive oil; season well with salt and pepper. Grill over coals, skin side down, until well browned, about 2 minutes. Move to edge of grill, away from direct heat; cover grill loosely and cook, turning once or twice, until opaque throughout, about 20 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, make salad. Combine corn kernels, arugula, and oregano in a bowl. Add vinaigrette, toss, and season with salt and pepper. With vegetable peeler, shave cheese onto salad. Toss lightly.
- To serve, arrange chicken on plates and pile salad alongside.
Adapted from The Tra Vigne Cookbook by Michael Chiarello with Penelope Wisner (Chronicle Books)