Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hrs
Serves: Makes 3 dozen or 18 (2 cookie) servings.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and almond extract; mix well. Add melted chocolate; beat until well blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in almonds.
2. Divide dough in half on lightly floured work surface. Roll each half into a log, about 12 inches long and 2 inches wide. Transfer logs to greased baking sheet. Flatten logs slightly.
3. Bake 40 minutes or until logs spring back when lightly touched. Cool logs on wire rack 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Transfer logs to cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut logs diagonally into 1/2-inch thick slices. Place slices, cut sides down, in single layer on baking sheets.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp. Remove biscotti to wire racks; cool completely. Store in airtight container up to 1 week.