Green Bean Chicken Casserole
This all-in-one meal will have your entire family asking for seconds.
This delightful casserole couldn’t be easier to prepare with cooked chicken, frozen green beans and convenient pantry items.
[quicklook-recipe prep_time=”15 min” cook_time=”25 min” serves=”6-8″ details=”” ]
[ingredients-list title=”Ingredients” serving_size=””]
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-3/4 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken and broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 2/3 cup french-fried onions
[step-list-wrapper title=”How to make it” time=”40 minutes”]
[step-item number=”1″ image_url=”” title=”” ]Prepare wild rice according to package directions. Stir in chicken, beans, soups, mushrooms, onion, green pepper and soup mix. Spoon into two greased 1-1/2-qt baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. [/step-item]
[step-item number=”2″ image_url=”” title=”” ]Cover and bake the second casserole at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with french-fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer or until onions are golden.[/step-item]
To use frozen casserole: Completely thaw in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350°F for 60-65 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with french-fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer.