- 2 large eggplants, ends trimmed, sliced into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 1 each red, yellow, green, and orange bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Feta cheese, crumbled (3 oz.)
- 1 tbs. minced fresh marjoram, oregano, or basil, or a combination
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
How to make it:
- Place eggplant on wire rack and sprinkle with salt on both sides. Set rack aside until eggplant begins to “sweat,” about 15 to 20 minutes. Blot eggplant dry with clean paper towels.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Arrange eggplant and bell pepper slices on large baking sheet, and brush both sides of all pieces with olive oil. Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Transfer eggplant and peppers to grill, in batches if necessary, and cook, turning occasionally to promote even browning, until softened and nicely marked, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer eggplant to platter and top with pepper strips. Garnish with Feta and marjoram. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Adapted from Emeril at the Grill by Emeril LaGasse (HarperStudio)
More Recipe Ideas
Eater’s Digest: Recipes from America’s Top Grill Masters
Emeril Lagasse’s Homemade BBQ Sauce and Creole Seasoning
Emeril Lagasse’s Backyard Barbecued Chicken
Steven Raichlen’s Salt and Pepper Grilled Shrimp
Bobby Flay’s Wild Mushroom-Cheddar Burgers
Plus: 24 Delicious Recipes for the Grill