- ½ pound hot dogs, each cut in 4 pieces
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ½ cup chopped green onions (green tops included)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper sauce
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers (8 ounces)
- Dippers: tortilla chips and scoops
How to make it
Place hot dogs pieces in a food processor bowl fitted with the metal blade. Use a pulsing action to mince hot dogs.
In the slow cooker, stir together minced hot dogs, tomatoes, sour cream, onions, red pepper sauce and pepper. Cover and cook on the HIGH setting.
Cook for about 1½ hours or until the sauce is steaming.
Slowly add cheese, ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly to ensure cheese melts after each addition.
Reduce heat to LOW. Serve warm with tortilla chips or scoops. Yield 6 cups.
Want more hot dog ideas? Check out 6 Hot Dog Recipes (Plus: 2 Irresistible Dips).