Yields: 7-8 dozen cookies
- 1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract & 1/2 teaspoon almond extract)
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing to make a smooth dough. (Do not chill.)
- Shape dough into a small log and place into cookie press. Press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Remove cookies from sheet; cool on a rack.