Don’t throw them out! If you find yourself with a stash of fresh vegetables that you don’t think you’ll use before they go bad, blanch and then freeze them. It’s easy.
1. Clean and cut the vegetables.
2. Drop them in boiling water for 60 seconds.
3. While they’re cooking, fill a bowl with water and ice cubes.
4. Drain the vegetables, and immediately plunge them into cold water to stop the cooking.
5. Transfer to zipper lock bags, and freeze for up to three months.
Next time you’re making pasta, soup, or a stirfry, just grab one of your ready-to-go bags, microwave for a minute or so, and toss them in.