4 tbsp fresh plantain leaves
2/3 cup (150ml) boiling water
2 tbsp olive oil or sunflower oil
2 tbsp almond oil
1 tsp beeswax
2 tsp emulsifying wax
2 tsp glycerin
1 tsp vitamin C powder
1. Wash and chop the plantain leaves. Divide into two—put one half in a bowl and the other half in a pan. Cover the plantain in the bowl with the water and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
2. In the pan, add the olive (or sunflower) and almond oils to the plantain and heat gently to simmer. Remove from heat and leave for 10 minutes to cool.
NOTE: Do not boil—if mixture starts to boil, remove from heat immediately.
3. Drain the infusion, and remove the plantain leaves. Set the liquid aside.
4. Drain the infused oil into another pan, extracting the plantain leaves. Heat the oil again. Add the beeswax and emulsifying wax and melt, stirring. Aim for a foamy consistency.
5. Add 1 cup infused water to the pan and whisk to achieve a consistency like salad dressing. Add the glycerin and vitamin C powder.
6. Pour into sterilized glass jars and seal.
USE Apply to affected area as often as needed.
STORAGE Keeps for 3months in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
NOTE TO OUR READERS:
The information in this feature should not be substituted for, or used to alter, medical therapy without your doctor’s advice. For a specific health problem, consult your physician for guidance. Before using any of these remedies, especially if you have an existing medical condition, or are pregnant or breast-feeding, check with your physician. Some herbs may interact with prescription drugs, including the Pill and antidepressants; always do a 24-hour skin test before using. The publishers and author cannot accept responsibility for any damage incurred as a result of any of the therapeutic methods contained in this work.
Grow Your Own Drugsbuy NOW$13.57