A woman who ate a bee
Ruth Swan/Shutterstock Robert Glatter, MD, an emergency physician at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, has seen more than his fair share of strange medical cases. One case involved a woman who was at a picnic. She took a sip of her soda and felt intense chest pain. She had an elevated heart rate and swollen lips. Once she began to wheeze it was clear, according to Dr. Glatter, that she swallowed a bee. Doctors were able to remove a stinger that was found embedded in her stomach lining and she recovered rapidly. Keep in mind, the patient reportedly took a sip from a soda can before feeling chest pains. Don’t miss the medical tests and procedures doctors don’t waste their money on.
A woman who accidentally glued her eyes shut
Rocketclips, Inc./Shutterstock Dr. Glatter also treated a young woman who accidentally glued her eyes shut with crazy glue. She mistakenly put superglue into her eyes instead of the antibiotic ointment she was using to treat an eye infection. Making matter worse, on her way to the ER, she mistakenly sprayed her pepper spray instead of her breath spray. “She came in saying she couldn’t breathe, with her eyes glued shut,” Dr. Glatter says. “I used a lubricant to open her eyes, and medicine to calm her nerves and open her breathing passages.”