Think small! Trimming even just a small percentage of your body weight can do wonders for your health.
And eating just a bit less is the way to do it. Shaving calories here and there is easier than you think.
All it takes are a few no-sweat efforts like the ones that follow. Pick two a day and you’ll cut 100 calories. Burn 100 more calories a day (a 15- to 20-minute walk will do the trick) and you’ll lose almost half a pound a week. That may not sound like much, but it adds up to 20 pounds a year!
1. Leave the cheese off your sandwich.
2. Use 1 cup skim milk instead of 1 cup whole milk.
3. Use a nonstick spray instead of 2 teaspoons oil.
4. Drink seltzer or diet soda instead of regular soda.
5. Have an English muffin instead of a doughnut
6. Use 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise instead of 1 tablespoon regular mayo.
7. Eat 2 tablespoons less ice cream.
8. Drink 4 ounces less juice.
9. Use 1 tablespoon less cream cheese.
10. Order small fries instead of large fries.
11. Use 1 tablespoon less salad dressing.
12. Use one less pat of margarine
13. Substitute 4 ounces ground turkey for 4 ounces ground beef.
14. Have 1 ounce of pretzels instead of 1 ounce of potato chips.
15. Substitute 1 tablespoon jam for 1 tablespoon butter.