Diabetes doesn’t have to be tough and confusing. Many groups have dedicated their resources to helping you and your loved with diabetes.
Here is a list of resources to bookmark:
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
1-800-338-3633 or www.diabeteseducator.org
Find the name of an educator and resources in your community
to help you learn about diabetes.
- American Diabetes Association
1-800-DIABETES or www.diabetes.org
Ask for information about diabetes care.
- American Dietetic Association
1-800-877-1600 or www.eatright.org
Find a dietitian to help you and your loved ones eat healthy foods.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International
1-800-JDF-CURE or www.jdrf.org
Find out about type 1 diabetes.
- National Diabetes Education Program
1-800-438-5383 or www.ndep.nih.gov
Call or visit the website for information about diabetes prevention and control.
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse
1-800-860-8747 or www.diabetes.niddk.nih.gov
Find out more about diabetes self-care.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Division of Diabetes Translation
1-877-232-3422 or www.cdc.gov/diabetes
Click on “State-based Programs” for information on government contacts in your state.