You got a warning letter from their school
Most schools and childcare centers will send a note home to parents as soon as a fellow student has been discovered with head lice. Don’t panic: Experts say lice are virtually harmless. They don’t carry disease or indicate poor housekeeping; they’re simply a parasite transmitted via head-to-head contact. Lice can’t jump, hop, or fly (though they can become projectiles through static electricity), and altering your child’s routine to avoid them is unnecessary. Instead, discourage your kid from sharing hair supplies and hats, and from touching heads with others. Try these home remedies that really work to subdue your head lice symptoms.
They’re constantly scratching
One of the most obvious head lice symptoms is an itchy scalp. The tickling sensation is the result of an allergic reaction to louse saliva, and is most common around the top of the head, neck, and ears. Itching may not occur for two to six weeks after an infection. Children might also report feeling a moving sensation, which occurs as a result of the tiny insects crawling through their hair.