- Pop a dissolvable breath strip. The latest versions have added caffeine, but even the ones intended to just freshen your breath are so strong, you can expect a pick-me-up.
- Down the java, but just a third of a cup, to avoid jumpiness and dehydration. If possible, drink it 20 minutes before go time, then drink some cold water, which also amps up circulation.
- Use a brush for applying under-eye concealer because it allows for a close cover-up along the lash line. Push and pat the product into the skin rather than rub.
- Beware the bronzer. You may be tempted to abuse it—so at least choose the right one for your skin tone (the package will tell you). Rule of thumb: The veins on your wrists look blue for cool skin, green for warm. Use a light touch.
- Dab a bright but sheer blush on the apples of the cheeks, over the bronzer, to brighten the face. A bright, sheer peach will work on just about any skin tone.
© 2009 Jupiterimages Corporation