Ask your doctor these questions about any new prescription:
1. What is this medicine for?
2. What side effects might I encounter?
3. What side effects are dangerous and
should cause me to stop taking this
medicine and call you?
4. If I have to stop taking this medicine
because of side effects, is there another
that I can take instead?
5. What are the dangers for me if I don’t
take this medicine?
What time of day should I take it?
7. Should I take it with food or without?
8. Can I take it with any kind of liquid, or
only with water?
9. How will I know if it’s working?
10. How long should this medicine take to
11. For how long should I continue taking
Remember: while only a doctor can
prescribe medicine, you are the one
ultimately responsible for your health.