It’s sandal time! Dermatologist Dee Anna Glaser and podiatrist Cary Zinkin give tips on keeping feet dry:
1. Avoid sandals made of sweat-inducing plastic, rubber or fake leather.
2. Look for cotton or other absorbent linings. Or soak up excess sweat with absorbent insoles, such as new
Summer Soles (summersoles.com).
3. Spray antiperspirant on the bottom of your feet and between toes.
4. Dust with cornstarch or Zeasorb, a super-absorbent powder.
5. If feet smell or are red and itchy, you may have athlete’s foot.