These tricks let you skip the multistep clicking and sifting that other sites require. (No quotation marks needed.)
- What’s playing at the multiplex? “Movies in” + your ZIP code gets you the list.
- Where’s my package? If you have the UPS, FedEx, or post office tracking code, type it in and you’ll have your answer.
- Is it time to pick up Granny at LaGuardia, or can I have another cup of coffee? Skip the unfriendly skies of an airline’s website. Type in the airline and a flight number and you get the status.
- Am I rich yet? The stock-ticker symbol and “stock” brings up the price of a share.
- A pint is how many ounces? A dollar is how many euros? Fifteen hundred yards is how many miles? “Pint in ounces,” “dollar in euros,” or “1,500 yards in miles” gets you the conversion you need.
- Do I need an umbrella or snow shoes? “Weather” and your ZIP code tells you how to dress.
- Who won? Type in the name of your baseball or football team and Google lets you know the score.
- What time is it in Paris? “Paris time” tells you whether they’re eating croissants at breakfast or croque-monsieurs at lunch.