Nevada31/Shutterstock Wanting to keep a clean home doesn’t mean you have time to polish your silver every week. (If you are pressed for time, here are some chores you can do in 5 minutes or less.) We spoke with cleaning experts who have both feet solidly planted in the real world and asked them how often specific cleaning tasks really need to be done. Here’s what they suggested you do every day:
- Put things away when you finish using them.
- Wash dishes, wipe kitchen counters, clean up stove spills, and empty trash as needed.
- Squeegee showers after use to prevent mineral deposits and mildew.
- Wipe sinks.
- Make beds and straighten rooms. Here are the 10 things that people with clutter-free homes do every day.
Twice a weekNevada31/Shutterstock
- Dust-mop hardwood floors to prevent scratching from dirt.
- Put away clutter. We’ve got an organization tip for every room in the house.
- Vacuum if you live in a dusty region or have children and pets that track in lots of dirt. Otherwise, weekly vacuuming should suffice.