5 Free Ideas for Room Makeovers
The focal point of a room is the first visual element to which the eye is immediately drawn. Rooms without an obvious focal point can look bland, disorganized or incomplete, regardless of the style or quality of the furnishings. To add flair to an unfocused room, a quick and inexpensive fix is to use items you already have. Check out these five ideas to give your favorite room a fresh new look.
1. Bright throw cushions or a quilt can add impact to a dull bed.
2. Frame a beautiful silk scarf or lace shawl that you haven’t worn in years and hang it on the wall behind the bed.
3. If your fireplace and mantelpiece are a bit lackluster, use leftover paint to set them off with a floor-to-ceiling background panel of a different color.
4. Hang a large mirror or a display of eye-catching plates above the mantelpiece.
5. Get rid of clutter to draw the eye to a focal point: remember that less is more, so rotate collectibles instead of displaying all of your treasures all the time.