You can make your living room seem airier through the artful choice of furniture and accessories. Decorators recommend these techniques:
1. Choose just a few pieces of furniture — declutter!
2. Choose light colors for the furniture and your wall paint, and match some of the furniture to the walls.
3. Avoid busy prints in upholstery.
4. Choose low-slung, unobtrusive furniture and don’t block windows or doors.
5. Choose tables with glass or mirror tops.
6. Choose sheer fabrics for window treatments and tablecloths.
[sale-item img=”http://media.rd.com/rd/images/rdc/products/five-minute-fixes-pd.jpg” title=”Five Minute Fixes” price=”15.00″ link=”http://www.readersdigeststore.com/Five-Minute-Fixes/M/0762105097.htm?trkid=rdv_store”]